Apple iPad Pro 12.9” Liquid Retina XDR with M1 Processor

Apple iPad Pro 12.9 256GB Wi-Fi in Space Grey


Having been using my last Apple iPad 12.9 inch 2019 model as my go to tablet/Laptop device for all my work and occasionally for personal browsing when the opportunity arose, I had to upgrade!!!


I was chatting with my brother in-law and guiding him on which tablet/laptop device to recommend for my nephew for note taking/educational purposes. What else can an Apple fan boy recommend?? Once I managed to convince him - he popped a question I hadn’t even thought of - “are you willing to sell your current iPad??”


That was it! Immediately I started visualising using the latest iPad Pro 12.9 XDR Display M1! To say that it took any form of convincing would be ridiculous! At the drop of a hat, I started scanning the market if it was in stock anywhere for collection the same day! Lol!! Within minutes I found John Lewis store in High Wycombe - 17.8 miles away from home - where they had 2 pieces in stock. Needless to say I was at the store collecting the iPad Pro in the next 40 min. Whilst at the store I came to know that they had the last generation magic keyboard in stock and at a reduced price!! This was music to my ears! 


The Liquid Retina XDR Mini LED Display is one of the best screens I have ever used. Inky blacks with super bright whites and industry calibrated accurate colours! Love the ProMotion Technology with the higher refresh rate of 120Hz. Have definitely notice the Apple Pencil 2 to be much more responsive. 





The WiFi connection is definitely stronger than on my old iPad and loading web pages is ridiculously faster. The M1 Processor has to be one of the fastest processors in a tablet device. Switching between apps is seamless due to such a large RAM (8GB) as using the Face ID to unlock the device.


Personally I rarely use the iPad camera other than to take pics of PowerPoint Presentation slides at meetings. However the LiDAR sensor is something that I definitely envisage using for apps using AR. Much more easier to help explain things to my patients! 





I had always been put off by the expensive Apple Magic Keyboard but did always want one! So when I did see the offer at John Lewis on the last generation Magic Keyboard, I grabbed one and I can assure you its works very well with the latest iPad Pro 12.9” although being 0.5mm thicker unlike suggested by Apple. I currently use my iPad with a Paper-like screen protector and I have seen no issues of the iPad not fitting in the Apple Magic Keyboard. 





Overall great experience and something I am looking forward to using over the next few years! Also dreaming of the latest iPadOS 15 and what vision Apple has with the beast of a Processor - M1 in the iPad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our first all Electric Car - Cupra Born v3

Time for a change! BMW X5 XDrive 45e

Cinema Room Upgrades